Fried Fish Ajwaini Recipe, Ajwain Fried Fish Recipe
Fried Fish Ajwaini Recipe
Delicious Fried Fish Ajwaini and that too in winters – that time of the year that I call my favourite. Its winters that make me really binge on fish. On this particular day, I was in a mood for something fishy and something tangy. While shopping at newly christened Auchan (pronounced O-Shaan) my mind drifted towards the seer (fish) or surmai as we popularly know it. I was disappointed on its non-availability however I settled for half a kilogram of cat fish or Singara as it is called in our local parlance.
I was mentally structuring on the go about what I was going to do driving back home. Since I wanted something tangy, vinegar crossed my mind, since I wanted something spicy, Indian marinade sauntered in and since I wanted something crispy I thought of doing a coating of breadcrumbs and a double fry. Then, I remembered that I had ajwain (carom seeds or Bishop’s weed) lying at home which I had not used much lately and featured that into the marinade too. The end results were absolutely fantastic and scrumptious. Here follows the recipe for “Fried Fish Ajwaini“.
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Thick bottomed pan
- Serves: 3
|What goes in?||What kinds?||How much?|
|Fresh fish||Singara||300 gms|
|Salt||Table salt||Sprinkle to coat|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||Fresh or packaged||2.5 tablespoons|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||0.5 teaspoon|
|Carom (Ajwain)||Dry roasted||1 big heap tablespoon|
|Dry Mango powder||Amchur. I used Everest||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Lemon||Slices||1 for sprinkling|
|Onion||Large||1 sliced into separated rings|
|Salt||Table salt||To taste|
|Nutri Choice Crackers||Nestle||4 crackers pulsed to crumbs|
How to go about making fried fish ajwaini?
- Marinate fish in salt and malt vinegar for twenty minutes. Ten minutes to a side.
- Prepare a second marinade with rest of the ingredients given above and coat the fish nicely.
- Refrigerate for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and let it rest for about 5 minutes
- Coat with crumbs and partially fry once and Let it rest. You are looking for a light golden colour here.
- When you are ready to eat double fry the fish and serve immediately with lemon slices, onion rings and homemade coriander-mint chutney.
Important: Please ensure that the fish is totally dry before marinating, else the breadcrumbs will not coat at all.