Pizza Sauce Recipe, Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
A good pizza needs to have a great pizza sauce as a base to it. Pizza sauce is actually the simplest to make in the gamut of getting that perfect pizza. Pizza sauce takes in a few basic ingredients available in any kitchen and can be readied in a jiffy. You can also use this pizza sauce recipe for your pastas as well. To ensure that the flavours have blended in nicely, do try and make this sauce a bit in advance. The combination of a fantastic pizza crust and delicious sauce can turn a good homemade pizza into a super homemade pizza. Pizzas can be made healthy too, check out this post on how to make healthy homemade pizzas.
I make the pizza sauce all the time to cater to Sidhant’s pizza cravings and it has always been a perfect hit with him and as well as elders in the house. Do try this simple and delicious pizza sauce recipe that you can rustle up in no time at all.
Homemade pizza sauce
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Kadhai or a wok
- Serves: 4
Stuff you need for homemade pizza sauce recipe
|what goes in?||what kinds?||how much?|
|Oil||Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic||Finely chopped||15-18 Cloves|
|Red Chilly||Slit into two||2 No.|
|Tomatoes||Pureed; Redder the better||6|
|Tomato Ketchup||I use Heinz||2 tablespoon|
|Chilli Flakes||1 tablespoon|
|Brown Sugar||1 tablespoons|
How to make pizza sauce at home?
- Add olive oil to a kadhai or a wok and season it with the red chilli.
- Throw in the chopped garlic and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for a couple of minutes and then add the tomato ketchup.
- Mix well and keep cooking on low heat.
- Add the dried herbs – oregano, chilli flakes and rosemary and simmer the sauce till oil starts releasing from it.
- Add brown sugar to the pizza sauce and mix till it is well incorporated.
- Adjust the salt and you are good to go with some awesome homemade pizza sauce.