Thai Chicken in Red Curry Recipe, How to make Thai Red Curry Chicken
Thai Chicken in Red Curry Recipe
So, I have kind of perfected the art of making Thai Chicken in Red Curry Recipe in my style. Also, It is really nutritious & relatively simple to make. Hence, it allows me to get creative too with different kind of vegetables that I can add into it. Apart from the vegetables mentioned below, I also add eggplant, bamboo shoots, green bell peppers, and beans. In addition to this, the spicy, sweet and tangy flavours of the Thai Chicken in Red Curry recipe goes really well with the kids too. This spicy Thai chicken dish is a regular reorder on my son Sidhant’s list. Here is a rundown of how I do it.
- Pre-preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Main cooking gizmo: Kadhai or Wok
- Feeds: Three (3) people easily
Stuff you need to for Thai Chicken in Red Curry recipe?
what goes in?
|Chicken breasts||Without skin. Boneless is better.||300 gms|
|Vegetable Oil||3 tablespoons|
|Thai Red Curry Paste||I used Namjai||3.5 tablespoon|
|Coconut Milk||I used Namjai||1 Can (400 ml)|
|Galangal||Thai root ginger||About 3 inches|
|Red Bell Peppers||Half|
|Yellow Bell Peppers||Half|
|Cherry Tomatoes||8 No.|
|Baby Corn||About 3 inches||4 No.|
|Mushrooms||Medium sized||4 – 5 No.|
|Kaffir Lime Leaves||3 No.|
|Sweet Basil Leaves||Thai Holy Basil||1 sprig|
|Brown Sugar||1.5 tablespoons|
|Dark Soy Sauce||1 teaspoon|
How to go about making Thai Chicken in Red Curry recipe?
- First of all, wash the chicken breasts and cut them into slices about a centimetre thick.
- Then, slice the Galangal, bell peppers and baby corns.
- Next, cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Now, heat the oil in a kadhai or a wok and add the Thai Red Curry paste. Fry evenly and till the paste is fragrant.
- Next, add 200 ml of coconut milk to the kadhai or a wok and mix it well with the fried paste. Add equal amount of water to the remaining coconut milk and keep aside.
- Now add the sliced galangal.
- Add the chicken and bring the mixture to boil. Add the remaining diluted coconut milk and again bring it to boil.
- Once the curry is boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 12 minutes. You will see by now the curry loses its moisture and starts to thicken coating the chicken nicely.
- Add baby corn, mushrooms, half of kaffir lime leaves, holy basil and brown sugar and simmer it for another 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, whole cherry tomatoes, dark soy sauce and remaining kaffir lime leaves, basil and brown sugar and simmer till the chicken is done. This should take another 5 minutes or so.
- Enjoy your thai chicken in red curry with boiled rice.
A few tips for making Thai Chicken in Red Curry Recipe
- While making my Thai Chicken in Red Curry recipe, I usually add the vegetables towards the latter half of cooking time with a simple practice, the ones that need more time to cook need to go in first. I don’t like to cook the bell peppers all the way since I like them crunchy so they are the ones that go in the last.
- Brown sugar is a replacement for palm sugar in the Thai Chicken in Red Curry recipe. If you can get your hands on palm sugar, just switch.
- If you need to make the curry spicier, simply add some sliced fresh red chillies to the curry towards the end. Remember to remove the seeds unless you want it to be really hot.
- To make it more authentic and if you can handle the pungent fish sauce flavour, you may add one tablespoon of fish sauce with the second batch of coconut milk.